Dear Auntie Joe I have many close friends in my school. We all have unlocked lockers in our PE locker room. My friends feel quite comfortable to take things from my locker—my school uniform shirt, my coat, my deodorant—and use them. I don’t mind, but I wish they would put the things back where they found them. I have received two discipline slips because I cannot find my uniform shirt. What can I do to get them to respect my property and my need for “boundaries?”–Frustrated in Ferikoy
Well Frustrated, i wouldn't make such a big deal about these sort of things. Are your friendships worth more or a couple of discipline slips? You shouldn't leave stuff lying around that you don't want people to borrow in the first place. If you have a problem with them borrowing your stuff then tell them, although that is the action of a shallow friend and be prepared for them to say as much.
Dear Uncle Joe I have a lot of homework every night. At the same time, I want to spend time with my friends, participate in extra-curricular activities, and use Facebook. If I don’t get on Facebook every night, I feel left out. At the same time, I think I’m wasting a lot of time and it is one way I could make better use of my time. What do you suggest?-- Lonely in Libadiye
Lonely, you have to get your priortites straight. A good education will always be there, but the momentary satisfaction of talking with friends will pass in a day. Focus your time and efforts on what really matters. Preferably, pick up a guitar and forget everything else. In your case however, just concentrate on what really matters.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment