The I== Lions, a high-school basketball team, had a fun season of playing and learning last year. They are now on the brink of starting their new season and are going to be facing more fun and more experience, but is there more that they are looking forward to this year and what are they expecting of this sports season? I talked to a few players and the coach and they all had something to say.
"We are going to be preparing for our main event in three weeks, a tournament in Ankara. We will be using an offense we used last year. It is going to be a lot of hard work in preparation for the tournament, " Coach Lentz said during a team meeting last friday. He said the team will focus on playing well and playing hard as a unit. And as with every coach, he hopes to match and excel above what the team did last year.
"I really just want to have a good time and play some fun games. I am not to worried about games or winning, as long as we have good games and i can get some good shots, then it will be fine," said Guard Joe Lutz.
This team has a lot of good players, some will not be returning next year. These players have given their all for these last four years in high school and have played their hearts out. Player Jesse Seabury, starting guard, said this during an exclusive interview, "I really just want to play well this year. Hopefully i will dunk by the end of the season. I hope that coach doesn't have us practicing on the same court as the younger players as this would decrease our playing ability and will just make the gym crowded."
Last year the I== lions won half their games and lost the other half. This years who knows what to expect, most the players are returning this year to the team and maybe this already established team chemistry will give the I== Lions the advantage they need to come out on top. This reporter wishes his best to the Lions at their tournament at the end of this month, good luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment